Frequently Asked Questions
How many rooms do I need to block in order to get a group rate?
You must have a minimum of 10 rooms to get a group rate. For groups of 9 or less rooms, please call 1-800-378-7946 for assistance or book on our website www.druryhotels.com.
Great! I have ten rooms. What do I need to do?
Call our National Group Sales office at 1-800-436-1169 for Social/Leisure Groups, 1-800-436-1122 for Corporate/Government Groups or 1-800-436-1199 to book your Motorcoach Tour group.
Here's the information we will need from you:
- Hotel location you are interested in staying at.
- The dates the group is arriving and departing.
- The type of group you have staying with us (tour bus, sports team, corporate event, etc).
- Your contact information (name, address & phone number).
When I am ready to set up my group, what is the next step?
To secure your group block, we will need you to sign a confirmation agreement. This agreement has to be signed and faxed or mailed back to us within two weeks of blocking off the rooms.
How can my guests make their reservations so they get the group rate?
When setting up a group, you have two reservation options you can choose from:
- The contact person can send us a rooming list. Please note, you will be asked for a credit card to block off rooms using this method.
- Individual guests can make their own reservations. Please note, you do not need a credit card to block off rooms using this method, but your guests will need to reserve their room using their own credit card.
If I choose to let the guests make their own reservations, what do they have to do?
Guests can make reservations out of group blocks three different ways.
- Guests can use our Online Booking Link that will be sent to the contact person. This is a hyperlink that a guest can click on to take them to a web page for their group. From there, they just have to follow the simple steps on the web page.
- Using the group code (which is supplied in the confirmation agreement) on our website www.druryhotels.com.
- By calling 1-800-325-0720 to contact our Group Reservation Office and make a reservation over the phone.
That sounds simple enough. What if I want to send a rooming list?
The rooming list requires the contact person to supply a credit card to hold the rooms. The contact person must then send us a list of names of the guests that are staying in each room.
Both of the reservation methods sound really easy! When would all of this have to be done by?
Your group sales coordinator will let you know what your cut-off date will be when you set up the block. The cut-off dates are the last date we will hold rooms for the block. This would also be when the rooming list is due. After the cut-off date, extra rooms not reserved will be released back into our inventory. The cut-off date is generally set-up one month prior to the event.
Now, lets talk money. What are my options for paying for these rooms?
Again, there are several options that can be used:
- The guests can pay for their own rooms when they check-in.
- The contact person can supply the hotel with a payment for the whole group, using either one credit card, check, cash or direct bill.
Do you take tax-exempt groups?
A group can use their tax-exempt status at our hotel as long as they are tax exempt for the state they are staying in. The hotel approves the tax-exempt status of the group. We ask that you send the tax-exempt letter to the group sales coordinator with the signed agreement. One last requirement is that the group must be paid for with one form of payment. Guests cannot pay for rooms individually.
I may need a meeting room for my event. How do I reserve meeting space at your hotel?
The first requirement to use meeting space at any Drury Hotel is sleeping rooms. Guests must plan on staying at the hotel during the event. The room requirements vary on the size of space you need. Small meeting rooms may only require 5 sleeping room nights, while a large room may require up to 20 sleeping room nights. There are also rental and service fees that apply. The number of sleeping rooms determines those fees. For more information, please contact the National Group Sales office at 1-800-436-1169 for Social/Leisure Groups, 1-800-436-1122 for Corporate/Government Groups or 1-800-436-1199 to book your Motorcoach Tour group.