Green Initiatives at Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff
Located at the base of the San Francisco Peaks mountain range, Drury Inn & Suites Flagstaff is just blocks away from Northern Arizona University.
- The hotel was developed on an existing parking lot on the north end of Northern Arizona University’s campus – by building on developed land, this limited the environmental damage and minimized the impacts on local wildlife.
- The hotel is serviced by the public transportation systems, which encourages the use of the public systems instead of automobiles.
- Bicycle racks are available for guests and team members. A shower and changing facility are also available to encourage biking to work and the hotel, reducing automobile usage and subsequently emissions.
- Preferred parking for low-emittance and fuel-efficient vehicles is available. Preferred parking spaces are also available for carpools.
- No potable water for landscape irrigation is used – instead, reclaimed water from Northern Arizona University is used, and native plants were selected as a means to reduce the amount of water needed.
- Many restrooms have dual flush tanks to reduce water usage.
- Recycling containers are available to both guests and hotel team members in public areas.
- This is a smoke-free hotel.