Green Initiatives at Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio
Near La Cantera Parkway
Located at I-10 and Loop 1604 in San Antonio, the Drury Inn & Suites San Antonio Near La Cantera Parkway is the second hotel to seek LEED Certification under the United States Green Building Council’s rating system.
- The hotel provides bicycle racks and a showering and changing facility for hotel guests and team members to encourage less automobile use.
- 12 parking spaces have been reserved for fuel-efficient vehicles to encourage the use of these vehicles. 12 parking spaces have been reserved for carpools to encourage less automobile use.
- Condensate recovery water instead of potable water is used for landscape irrigation. Native plants were planted to reduce the amount of water needed.
- All of the restrooms in both the first floor public areas and all of the guest rooms are dual-flush. By reducing water usage in the hotel, overall costs are lowered and water is conserved.
- The Drury Inn & Suites Near La Cantera purchased Green e-Certified credits in wind energy that would equal 70 percent of the building’s electricity over a two-year contract.
- Recycling containers are available for hotel guests and team members.
- The hotel purchased more than 30 percent of all of its materials locally to support the local economy and reduce transportation.
- This is a smoke-free hotel.