Green Initiatives at Drury Plaza Hotel in Santa Fe
The Drury Plaza Hotel in Santa Fe is a historic renovation offering unique and comfortable downtown Santa Fe hotel rooms. This is the fourth Drury-branded hotel that has earned LEED certification.
- The Drury Plaza Hotel in Santa Fe is a result of the former St. Vincent’s Hospital, an existing and already developed site. Almost 97 percent of the existing structural elements were reused in the renovation, conserving resources and reducing waste.
- Each guest room includes a smart thermostat, allowing guests to adjust the temperature and minimize humidity.
- The adhesives, sealants, paints, primers and coatings used on the interior complied with the South Coast Air Quality Management District’s guidelines as either low VOC or zero VOC, reducing indoor air contamination and improving air quality.
- Building ventilation systems were designed to provide fresh outdoor air in the building. The air quality is improved by energy recovery units continuously transferring energy from the exhaust air to the incoming fresh air.
- The hotel offers recycling for both guests and hotel team members. The City of Santa Fe offers a commingled recycling program and picks up recycling once a week.
- Many of the team members associated with the project were certified as LEED Accredited Professionals.
- This is a smoke-free hotel.