Green Initiatives at Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview Wichita
Situated along the Arkansas River at Waco and Douglas, the Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview Wichita was the third to see LEED certification under the United States Green Building Council’s rating system.
- The hotel is the result of a rehabilitation of the former Broadview Hotel, an already existing and developed site.
- The Wichita City Transit Service and Q Trolley systems service the hotel, encouraging the use of public transportation for the hotel’s guests and team members.
- Bicycle racks and a shower and changing facility are available for both guests and team members to encourage bicycle riding instead of automobile use.
- Preferred, reserved parking is available for low-emitting and fuel-efficient vehicles.
- The hotel’s landscaping features more shrub and groundcover than turf grass – these shrubs and trees are drought tolerant native or naturalized for the region, which reduces the need for additional irrigation.
- First floor public and guest restrooms include high efficiency toilets. Low-flow showerheads were also installed to reduce water usage.
- The hotel includes recycling containers in the common areas for hotel guests and team members.
- During the rehabilitation, the development team ensured many of the interior and exterior aspects of the original building were able to be re-utilized.